incessant- and perhaps incoherent- verbosity from an optimistic misanthrope.

1.04.2007

i prefer the word "hung."

This roundup may be even sadder than the actual public execution. Yeah, it totally is.

I had serious issues in the days leading up to Saddam's hanging, and when it actually happened I felt hollow. I'm not feeling inspired to launch into a diatribe about the death penalty, but Americablog has myriad posts about the entire ordeal that I'm inclined to agree with.

On another note, all the talk about hanging made me think of this story by Anaïs Nin. Little Birds was my first foray into erotic fiction (save one or two romance novels when I was a wee lass) and that story is the only one I remember from the collection. In researching the link, I read the entire thing again, and I actually didn't remember the first part of it. The ravishment in the public square is the only imprint left on my brain.